Tuesday, July 31, 2012

07/31/2012

Two weeks from today I will have finished my college degree in Psychology and will have returned to work at the elementary school that I work for and will be preparing to get my temporary teaching certificate. WOW! That's the only word I know to say, I am amazed at the journey I am on. However here is the point I must bring out. I love Ho Ho's, I love pancakes, I love anything with the word cake, chocolate or cream in it however what I want more than anything is to finish this year at my goal weight of 160-170, that would actually make it way more worth it to say I gave up cakes, chocolates and creams because there was something that was so much greater to me. I know if you know me long enough you know that this goal has been there for awhile, but for the first time I really understand what it means, I understand what it means to not get there, what it means to get so close and what it means to utterly fail and gain back 44 pounds, so here I sit with 30 or less pounds to lose and its my choice now how I let this play out. I can choose to make it matter, I can make my life something more than just what food I can eat next to how can I utilize this new day, this new creation that is my life be lived in a way that is more productive and gives God the glory that He and He alone deserves.

My life, my weight loss, my running is all about giving God glory for turning my life inside out and making it new, making it worthwhile. I am valuable to God, the world may not see me that way but GOD DOES!

No comments:

Post a Comment